Sunday 8 December 2013

Weekly Update: T - 15 weeks

Between being a little sore from last Sunday's Winery Ride, suffering a bit of a light man flu kind of thing, and various other random events, training wasn't full on this week.  But at 15 weeks out, a nice relax and refresh probably won't hurt...

Monday morning saw a trip to the physio for a recovery massage after Sunday's ride. He was surprised how little tightness i actually had...to be honest, so was I!  That's probably a good thing!!

Monday evening i got out for an hour 1hr run.  It was generally an easy run (tried to stay in HR Z2).  I was feeling pretty good, so after about 45 minutes i ramped up and gave everything for a flat out km.  It was about a second off my 1km TT PB, so i was pretty stoked with that. In hindsight, i probably shouldn't have gone so hard, as my legs were a little too sore for the next few days. But as i was suffering from a little health wise i was resting anyway.

Saturday afternoon saw an hour window between events, so running i went.  It was pretty hot out, so i struggled to keep my HR down in Z2 where i was aiming.  Even though my HR was too high, my legs were ok, so after about 45 minutes I ramped it up and ran a 1600m at not quite flat out pace, before settling down to complete the hour.

As well as trying to get my training and race nutrition under control, i'm also looking at the rest of my diet.  I can't see the point doing all this training just to let myself down with poor nutritional choices.

So after surfing the webs, i found a couple of articles referencing Racing Weight by Matt Fitzgerald
and thought i'd get a copy.  I'm a few chapters in, and am eagerly reading on.  I haven't got to the juicy info yet, but i have just ordered a set of Body Composition Scales so i can start to assess my body composition (body fat, etc) a little more closely.

Today, i went into St Kilda to support my wife in the Sussan Classic Fun Run. She hasn't run since hurting her back 6 weeks ago, but managed to get through 5km in a time not too far off her PB.  So a massive well done to Claire :)

Hope everybody else is traveling well in what ever they are trying to achieve, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment