Saturday 21 March 2015

I'm feeling crap ... But there's a plan! I'll be back, stronger than ever!!

As i'm typing this, the count down timer on my blog says that in under 9 hours i'm set to start the most mentally and physically demanding day of my (less than great) athletic career.

But ... alas ... injury has fucked that right up!

Apologies for the language, but i'm feeling pretty shit. Instead of being in bed, unable to sleep thanks to my nervousness, i'm sitting on the couch, drinking beer and feeling sorry for myself writing this blog which nobody reads because i have to vent somewhere and Facebook is full of people who are about to do Ironman Melbourne and i don't want to seem negative when they're all hugely excited (and so they should be)!!

So what now??

I'm hitting the reset button!

It's all positive, nothing negative shall be entertained!!

I will make my body injury proof!

I know what i did wrong.

I know why i got injured.

I know what to do to prevent it this time around.

I'm targeting Ironman Australia (Port Macquarie) in May next year!

Things will change.

I will become an Ironman.

It will become a multiple Ironman.

My training will become sustainable over the long term.

My training will fit around the needs of my wife, my kids, my dog, my career (however, i'm still hoping to win the lotto and retire!!)

In short, in 407 days i will become an Ironman!!!

And what about tomorrow ... Instead of becoming an Ironman, i'll be on a run aid station helping others fulfil their dream of becoming an Ironman!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment