Thursday 30 May 2013

Commitment to Training...FOUND!

It was tough to get out of bed this morning. 
The alarm went off at 4:45 am for the third morning in a row.
My running gear was neatly laid out beside the bed.
In bed it was cosy and warm.
I could hear the rain beat against the window.
I think i'm starting to feel a bit coldy / fluey.
Maybe i should rest.
I've had quite a few good training sessions this week.
I could have the morning off.

NO...GET UP! 

Hang on, what was that noise, was that thunder.
Surely i couldn't run if there was thunder and lightning about.

NO...you're hearing things...GET UP!

OK...i'm out of bed...GO!

Gear on, standing at the front door...
Waiting for the Garmin to locate satellites...
It's raining...
It looks cold...
I'm still dry...
I could go back to bed...
I'll make up for it tonight...

Satellites located...GO!! 

Off into the cold, dark, wet, Melbourne morning i went...
And loved it!!

For me, this stage of the off season is about getting km's in the legs and making getting up before 5 am a habit.

Today, I won!

No comments:

Post a Comment