Wednesday 10 July 2013

Article by triathlon.competitor.com - Nailing the IM run... Well that's the plan!

As with most people, i presume, who are training for their first Ironman triathlon, i'm trying to absorb knowledge.  Reading whatever i can, and listening to all the advice on offer. 

I remember one of the best pieces of advice we were given when we had our first child - listen to everything and take what you want and ignore (or at least file away) the rest.

Well, it's fair to say that the bit that scaring me the most about the IM is the run... so when i saw this article headline "How to Nail the Ironman Triathlon" i thought i should at least read it.

Oh, and i probably should add that my version of nailing the run, at this stage, means finishing!!

Read it. Enjoyed it. 

Seemed some pretty solid advice. Didn't seem to contradict too much other advice. Seemed to sort of fit with what i was kind of thinking, so it was encouraging to get that "feedback" that my thought processes  were not too left of field.

My current training program has been filled for the next 18 or so weeks, which takes me through my first marathon and to my first triathlon of the season - the Noosa Olympic distance tri.  

Now with the advice from this article i can start to add some key sessions to the 20 week period from the Oly tri through to my first Ironman!!

No comments:

Post a Comment