Monday 15 July 2013

Running...Back On Track...

Just a little note to say...woo hoo...my running appears to be back on track.

Last Saturday I decided it was time to hit Lysterfield lake Park again, last time we went there it was absolutely pissing down with rain, this time we were greeted with this...


So off we set. Last time i ran a single loop, this time we were planning to add a little loop to the bigger loop.  The run felt really good, and i even managed to run up the hill that got the better of me last time... (Linky to Strava data).  When i got home i checked my data, and just as i thought - this run was:

  • my longest (time) 1hr 45min;
  • my furthest (distance) 19.2km; and
  • my hilliest (gain) 361m , 

since i injured myself during Two Bays Trail Run, back in January!!

But what was the most pleasing aspect, was my fitness.

While my legs struggled a bit (ok, i'm still sore a few days later), i didn't find myself lacking the fitness to keep on going.  It's a shame that i forgot to charge my Garmin and had to track my run using strava (HRM-less), because it would have been interesting to see what my HR was doing. I know that i some of the rises i was pushing it up, but i was pretty happy with the overall exertion level.

And Yes, i was that annoying person on the trails who appeared to be way too happy; smiling and saying hello to everybody else out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment