Monday 29 July 2013

It's been a week since my last post, so I'm back again...

...i've just checked Strava, and realised my last week wasn't as productive as I'd hoped:

Monday: rest (a little sore after Saturday's long run).

Tuesday: rode on the trainer for half an hour in the morning.

Wednesday: again 30 minutes on the trainer.

Thursday: Alarm went of at 5 am, felt like complete crap...re-set alarm...

Friday am: Again, alarm at 5 am, still felt crap...rest is good when you feel like crap...right???
Anyway, I'd had enough of this, so i gave myself a severe talking to.
Friday pm: Swam...felt good.

Saturday: alarm went off at 5:50...ffs, it's Saturday!
Jumped out of bed and headed down to the Tri Club rooms for my first training session with MPTC.  Well, baptism of fire! 20 km hilly run.  First 10k...UP...calves shattered! Second 10k...DOWN...quads shattered!! And just as i thought it was over... STAIRS!!
I finished a broken man...but enjoyed every second of it...

Sunday: alarm went of at 5:30...wtf, it's Sunday! 
Nice, relaxing 2 1/2 hour bike ride.  It was a bit windy, but pfft, it's winter in Melbourne - that happens!  
Also tried out 2 new things on this ride.
First was my new 'king bright light from FYXO - brilliant!!
Second was the aero drink bottle between the bars. Worked well, just need to adjust the position of the straw a little.

So although i haven't been setting the world on fire with my training, i'm definitely heading in the right direction. Looking back, my training time per month has been increasing every month, for the last 8 months.
I'm figuring if i keep that trend going, I should be pretty well positioned for the Melbourne Marathon in mid-October, the Noosa Tri in early December, and have built a great platform for the final 20 week build into Ironman.

I just need to remember, that i don't need to try to keep up with my mates who do single discipline sports (be it running, or cycling), and train 5 or 6 days a week. I'm training in three disciplines and therefore are only doing 3 to 4 sessions of each per week!

And most of all - fingers crossed i can remain injury free.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment